Installing Otto on Linux
Before you begin
Before you begin, confirm the following:
- FileMaker Server is installed
- Port 3030 is open on your server’s firewall. See below
- You know your SSL Passphrase, if your server uses an SSL certificate that requires one
Otto expects FileMaker Server to be running with the default
fmserver user and
fmsadmin group privileges. This is set during FileMaker Server installation. It is very rarely changed, but if you did change it, Otto will not install correctly.
- SSH into your Linux server.
- Download the installer file, or upload it with SFTP or FTP from your desktop.
- The download package you received is a zip archive. Unzip it to get to the actual installer.
- To access your file downloads, log in to your account and navigate to the Purchase History tab.
cdto the directory containing downloaded installer file
- Run the installer via command line
sudo apt -y install ./otto-app_|version|_amd64.deb
Make sure you substitute |version| for the version string found in the new installer. For example,
sudo apt -y install ./otto-app_3.0.1_amd64.deb
Open Otto's web console at port 3030 on your server. Follow the prompts to enter your license key.
The following commands will open port 3030.
sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=3030/tcp
sudo firewall-cmd --reload